The Union Iron Works Foundry & Warehouse was constructed in 1916/1917. Together they comprise a three-bay reinforced concrete structure has a strong, industrial modernist aesthetic. Altogether the three sections measure 218' long, by 174' wide, by 57' 2" tall at the highest gable, and contain 33,858 square-feet of floor space.
Building 115-116 was used for fabricating and erecting components for a ship's mechanical and propulsion systems, as well as producing a wide range of metal components for shipbuilding, ship repair, and the ship yard. Currently is used by Port maintenance department.
The content contained in the Port Web site has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about the Port and the Pier 70 area. The Port makes no warranties or guarantees of any kind, regarding its operation or the completeness of the content on its Web site or any other Web site to which it links. To the extent permitted by law, the Port disclaims all warranties from users of this Web site. The Port, its Directors and its employees, will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of information from this site or any site to which it links
NEW! Building 115-116 Hazardous Materials Cost (PDF)
NEW! Building 115-116 Hazardous Materials Survey (PDF)
Building 115-116 Historic Building Survey, 2008, Carey & Co., OLMM, Inc. (PDF)
Building 115-116 Building Overview (PDF)
Building 115-116 Architectural Drawings (PDF)
Building 115-116 Cost Estimate (PDF)
BUILDING 14 - BUILDING 101 - BUILDING 102 - BUILDING 104 - BUILDING 113/114 - BUILDING 115/116
BUILDING INDEX /MAP