This 37,641 square foot red-brick Renaissance Revival building was constructed in 1896. It fronts 20th Street and has a hipped clay tile roof, wooden one-over-one double hung windows, and is topped with a copper modillioned cornice (in poor condition).
It was constructed to house the United Iron Works (UIW) offices, and is now vacant and red-tagged.
The content contained in the Port Web site has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about the Port and the Pier 70 area. The Port makes no warranties or guarantees of any kind, regarding its operation or the completeness of the content on its Web site or any other Web site to which it links. To the extent permitted by law, the Port disclaims all warranties from users of this Web site. The Port, its Directors and its employees, will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of information from this site or any site to which it links.
NEW! Building 104 Hazardous Materials Cost (PDF)
NEW! Building 104 Hazardous Materials Survey (PDF)
Building 104 Historic Building Survey, 2008, Carey & Co., OLMM, Inc. (PDF)
Building 104 Overview (PDF)
Building 104 Architectural Drawings (PDF)
Building 104 Cost Estimate (PDF)
Building 104 Photographs (PDF)
BUILDING 14 - BUILDING 101 - BUILDING 102 - BUILDING 104 - BUILDING 113/114 - BUILDING 115/116
BUILDING INDEX /MAP