Safety Guidelines for McCovey Cove
1) For kayaks, canoes and rafts within
the “No Motor Zone”:
• Only human propelled vessels are
allowed within this zone.
• Vessels less than 16 ft long, and all
canoes & kayaks, regardless of length,
MUST have at least one life jacket
for every person aboard.
Vessels over 16 ft (except canoes and
kayaks), must also have a Type IV
throwable flotation device.
• Navigation lights are required between
sunset and sunrise. Vessels under
23 feet MUST have at least a flashlight
or lighted lantern with which to signal to avoid collision,
and to indicate distress.
• For further information see http://www.dbw.ca.gov/pubs/ABC/
2) For motorized boats outside of this zone, within McCovey Cove:
• No wake
• Minimum way
• No overnight anchoring
• Vessels may arrive and anchor up to 2 hours before the game starts,
and must depart soon after it ends.
• Vessels must stay clear of the ferry landings, and not obstruct their routes.
• See http://www.dbw.ca.gov/pubs/ABC/ for size specific vessel equipment regulations and
an explanation of the Rules of the Waterways.
All vessels must follow the Rules of the Road and obey the California boating laws.